Upper Division Arts
A strong program in the arts is essential for a student's complete education. Our faculty, artists and performers in their own right, guide students as they explore and experience the world visual art, music, and performing arts. We also provide the means and skills for self-expression, and we create opportunities for students to discover talents and interests.
Art, music, and performing arts are also integrated into the broader academic curriculum. The arts are infused into collaborative projects between subject areas such as math, science, technology, English, and social studies.
The school provides many opportunities for children to display their artwork and to perform in dramatic and musical presentations during regularly scheduled concerts and assemblies. Many of these opportunities are associated with cherished school traditions.
The Arts On Display
- Thanksgiving Food Chain Concert, with performances from first through third grade singers, members of our upper division choruses, upper division Brass Band members, and the seventh and eighth grade Instrumental Ensemble
- Christmas Pageant, featuring performers from nursery through eighth grade. The Pageant incorporates the talents of our actors, singers, Brass Band musicians, and dancers.
- All-School Art Fair, where students from the Beginners program through eighth grade exhibit original art work
- Spring Production, where upper division students perform lead roles and take on leadership positions behind the scenes.
- Eighth Grade Film Festival, where our soon-to-be graduates present their stop-motion animation short films