A Year of Firsts!
As new citizens of the upper division, fourth graders experience a number of firsts. From their overnight field trip exploring Philadelphia, to their first long-term research project, throughout this year fourth graders grow in confidence and independence. The transition to fourth grade is handled carefully by teachers and upper division administrators. In the spring of their third grade year, students (and their parents) enjoy a preview of what they can expect as new members of the upper division, and students are paired with seventh grade buddies who answer their questions and put them at ease.
- Literary selections: From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler and The Tale of Despereaux
- Pre-colonial and colonial America
- U.S. geography
- Earth and physical science
- Community service class
- Robotics consortium with Pratt Institute
Fourth Grade Firsts
- First Overnight Field Trip: Philadelphia!
- Deciding between Brass Band or Chorus
- The chance to serve on the student council
- First research project: Fourth Grade State Fair
- New Experiences: Upper Division Socials