Fall 2021: September/October
These titles have recently been acquired by the Library and are now available for holds and in-person checkout. Acquisitions are made with the purpose of adding quality children’s books to the Library’s existing collection, and which will appeal to a child’s curiosity and reading interests. Starred reviews from Horn Book, Kirkus and the School Library Journal guide Ms. Perna’s decision-making process when determining which titles to purchase. Popular titles are available in multiple formats (audiobook, eBook and print). Digital titles are accessible online via Sora.
Lower Division Collection
- Alessandri, Alexandra. Isabel and Her Colores Go to School.
- Carozzi, Niccolo. Brave As A Mouse.
- Chin, Jason. Your Place in the Universe
- Emberley, Michael. I Can Make a Train Noise.
- Gall, Chris. Jumbo: The Making of the Boeing.
- ✩ Gauld, Tom. The Little Wooden Robot and the Log Princess.
- Gorman, Amanda. Change Sings. (eBook and print)
- Hemming, Alice. The Leaf Thief.*
- Hussain, Nadiya. My Monster and Me.
- Janisch, Heinz. Hans Christian Andersen: The Journey of His Life.
- Muirhead, Margaret. Flip: How the Frisbee Took Flight.
- Oldland, Nicholas. Up The Creek.*
- Perkins, Lynne Rae. The Museum of Everything.
- Sayre, April Pulley. Full of Fall.
- Singh, Simran Jeet. Fauja Singh Keeps Going.
- Stevens, Janet. The Little Red Pen.*
- Wade, Stef. The Very Last Leaf.
- Arden, Katherine. Small Spaces Trilogy. (UD Collection. eBook and print)
- Baptiste, Tracey. Looking for a Jumbie.
- Bickell, Elaine. The Little Ghost Who Lost Her Boo. (eBook and print)
- Cummins, Lucy Ruth. Vampenguin.
- Czekai, Jef. Little Ghoul Goes to School.
- Geron, Eric. Poultrygeist.
- Keller, Joy. Frankenslime.
- Marshall, Kate Alice. Thirteens. (UD Collection. eBook and print)
- Minor, Wendell. Pumpkin Heads.
- Royce, Eden. Root Magic. (eBook and print)
- Sima, Jesie. Hardly Haunted.
Celebrating American Indian Heritage Month
- Davids, Sharice. Sharice’s Big Voice.
- Lindstrom, Carole. We Are the Water Protectors. (eBook and print)
- Martinez-Neal, Juana. Zonia’s Rain Forest.
- Quigley, Dawn. Jo Jo Makoons: The Used-to-Be Best Friends.
- Sorell, Traci. We Are Still Here.
- Brown, Monica. Lola Levine Is Not Mean. Books 1-6. (eBook and print)
- Davies, Jacqueline. Sydney and Taylor Explore the Whole Wide World.
- Dominguez, Angela. Stella Diaz Has Something to Say. (print and audiobook)
- Marcero, Deborah. Haylee and Comet: A Tale of Cosmic Friendship
- Miedoso, Andres. Desmond Cole Ghost Patrol. Books 1-8. (eBook and print)*
- Thorpe, Kiki. Finding Tinker Bell. Books 1-6.*
Upper Division Collection
- ✩ Arnold, Elana. The House That Wasn’t There.
- Bildner, Phil. High Five for Glenn Burke.
- ✩ DiCamillo, Kate. The Beatryce Prophecy. (eBook and print)
- ✩ Ewing, Eve. Maya and the Robot.
- Florence, Debbi Michiko. Just be Cool, Jenna Sakai
- Gino, Alex. Rick.*
- Gold, Hannah. The Last Bear.
- Holm, Jennifer. Turtle in Paradise. (eBook and print)
- Kelly, Erin Entrada. We Dream of Space. (eBook and print)
- LeZotte, Ann Clare. Show Me A Sign. (eBook and print)
- ✩ Lukoff, Kyle. Too Bright to See. (eBook and print)
- Palacio, R. J. Pony.
- ✩ Royce, Eden. Root Magic. (eBook and print)
- Sibley, David Allen. What It's Like to be a Bird. (Gift Donation)
- ✩ Standish, Ali. The Mending Summer.
- ✩Ursu, Anne. The Trouble Girls of Dragomir Academy.*
Sequels and Series
- Chokshi, Roshani. Aru Shah and the City of Gold. (eBook and print)
- Craft, Jerry. Class Act. (eBook and print)
- Glasser, Karina Yan. Vanderbeekers Make A Wish. (eBook and print)
- Hale, Shannon. Forever Friends. (eBook and print)
- Pennypacker, Sara. Pax, Journey Home. (eBook and print)
- Sell, Chad. Cardboard Kingdom: Roar of the Beast. (eBook and print)
*Faculty and/or student book purchase request
✩Title appears on a Best Children’s Booklist of 2021