The mission of the After School program is to serve children and families whose needs extend beyond the regular school day, bridging the gap between school and home. Our dedicated After School counselors provide caring supervision and facilitate activities, nutritious snacks, and playtime for students beginning in nursery. For students in first grade and up, structured homework support is an added component of the program.
Any currently enrolled child in nursery or older can utilize the After School program; registration in advance is not required. After School is available post dismissal (2:50 p.m. on, depending upon grade level) until 6:00 p.m., and students may join on any day, before and after Enrichment Courses or Music Lessons.
Each year, we choose a theme that inspires our After School activities. Previous themes have been "History of Arts and Architecture", "Ocean Life", "Math and Science", and "Space Exploration". Early Childhood students always partake in the activities, and older students are encouraged but not required, as homework takes priority.
- Homework support
- Dedicated counselors focused on emotional and physical development, and instilling a sense of self-worth and respect for others
- Average child-to-counselor ratio of 5:1
- Activities tailored to each age level
- Indoor and outdoor games
- Opportunities to socialize and also for quiet and rest
- Use of library, playdeck, computer lab, rock climbing room, and gym
- Care until 6:00 p.m.